BOOK A CONSULTATION
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.
Our Mission is to offer our patients the highest standard of quality health care available. We will treat every patient in a caring, concerned, empathetic, understanding, honest and professional manner. We also strive to maintain an atmosphere in which our team is caring for our patients and one another, and is unwavering in its commitment to excellence in dentistry.
Dr. Mark Grant is dedicated to providing his patients with the most beautiful smile together with the best dental protection available. Dr. Grant is proud to be part of West Orem Dental Center’s 45 year history of family friendly dentistry.
MEET OUR TEAM
MEET OUR TEAM
Dr. Mark Grant
Stephanie Folkes – Office Manager
Stephanie was born and raised right here in Houston, Texas. She is maried to her husband Brian of 17 years. Stephanie enjoys spending family time with her two boys and beautiful granddaughter. She has over 20 years of dental experience with an emphasis on management, marketing and insurance. Stephanie has a passion for helping others which is what drew her to the dental field. Her goal is to ensure that patients leave the office with a smile on their face and feel like they are part of the West Orem Dental family.
Mary Garcia – Office Administrator and Dental Assistant
Mary is a loving wife and mother of two great children. Mary has been with Dr. Grant from the beginning. She has over 32 years of dental experience. She is a licensed dental assistant as well as an integral part of our front office team. Mary speaks fluent Spanish and is always ready to help our patients with any of their dental needs and insurance questions.
Joshua Parker – Dental Hygienist
Josh was born and raised in San Diego, CA. He went to the University in Sonoma, CA. where he developed his love and knowledge for fine wine. Josh is a nerd at heart and loves all things Sci-Fi and comic book related. He is also a huge soccer fan and an avid Astros fan. Josh moved to Texas in 2009 to pursue his career as a Dental Hygienist. He has been perfecting his skills ever since. He prides himself on providing a calm, comfortable and educational dental experience. Josh’s goal is to ensure that everyone leaves with a clean healthy smile.
Mariana Hernandez – Dental Assistant
I’ve been in the dental field for over 3 years after graduating from the Dental Assisting program at Alvin Community College in 2015. One of the things I most enjoy about working in this industry is seeing the life changing results that cosmetic dentistry can provide for our patients. Outside of the office I love spending quality time with my family and my beautiful daughter.
Mike Jones – Dental Hygienist
Mike is a Dental Hygienist with over 20 years of experience. He graduated second in his class from the University Of Texas – Houston School Of Dentistry and has a bachelor’s degree in biology from the University Of Houston – Clear Lake. Mike has been married 28 years to his beautiful wife Debbie and they have two amazing children. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching sports and playing golf in his free time. Mike is dedicated and will work hard to keep your smile healthy.
Why You Should Visit West Orem Dental
At West Orem Dental, we want to be a single source where all of your dental needs can be tended to. We have some of the most advanced equipment in our dental office, an incredibly patient and compassionate staff, and some of the country’s best dentists. The following are some of the primary reasons you should visit West Orem Dental.
Most Exhaustive Set of Dental Services
We offer an exhaustive set of dental services in the areas of general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and others. We take care of your teeth to ensure there’s no gum disease or other issues. If you do have any dental issues — be it medical or aesthetic — we use minimally invasive and simple procedures to treat them.
Compassionate Dental Care
Dr. Mark Grant and all of our clinic staff are compassionate and truly want to help you achieve the most brilliant smile. We carefully examine your teeth and discuss all of your treatment options in detail. We will make sure you are physically and emotionally comfortable during every step of your dental treatment.
My minor procedure was pleasant, quick and painless. Dr. Grant and his assistant were very cordial, professional and informative about the procedure and the follow up care.
I had another regular scheduled appointment at West Orem dental. Ease and flexible scheduling. Walked in, friendly service with no wait. X-rays and cleaning was smooth and relaxing. The friendly service and customer care had me lose track of time. I already scheduled my next appointment. Glad me and my family made the switch to West Orem Dental.
Heard about Dr. Grant at W.Orem Dental through a friend and I’m so glad I did. Office staff is very friendly and organized. Dr. Grant did great work on my fillings and left me in virtually no pain at all. I’ll definitely be going back.
Dr Grant is extremely patient with his clients. He goes out of his way to ensure your comfortable. He genuinely cares about excellence in his work. He gives personal service and takes his time with you individually. Dr Grant is not Just another dentist.
Excellent dentistry with super competent and friendly staff. First rate work! Can’t recommend highly enough!
I hate the dentist but I LOVE West Orem Dental, entering the doors are full of smiles and welcomes from Mary and Stephanie they make me feel way more comfortable, the service was great as usual I will be returning soon they’re the best
My family and I have been coming to Dr. Grant for years. We love his dental work, very professional and good bedside manner. His staff is very helpful. They also accept Care Crédit for those unexpected dental expenses that dental insurance doesn’t cover. I definitely recommend West Orem Dental.
I have been going to West Orem Dental Center for many years for all of my dental needs. The staff is so caring, kind and gentle. Their work is exceptional. Thank you for restoring my smile. I appreciate all that you do.
West Orem Dental is great. Dr. Grant and his staff are very professional. They make your dental visit experience as comfortable as possible. I’ve been a customer for many years and have always been welcomed with smiling faces.
Been coming here since I was five now its over 40 years later and I’m bringing my kids
Dr Watkins was always great and now Mark Grant is just as good and makes us always feel important
Mary is great also always finding out answers to my many questions!!
I’ve been going to the West Orem Dental for over a decade and have never been disappointed. The staff is amazing, they make you feel right at home. This is the most efficient place I’ve ever been to. Thank you West Orem Dental Center for always taking care of my teeth. They even make a Dental extraction pleasant and easy.
I have been going there for years and Dr Grant is a great dentist. He is very friendly and caring plus I am very pleased with the work he has done on my teeth.
The people are caring and do a good job to educate you about the importance of good dental health. I recommend them to take care of all your dental needs. Thank You West Orem Dental
Dr. Grant, is a good, and caring dentist…He listens to you, and helps you to decide the best treatment for your problem…I had a root canal , yesterday, was scared to death..my first one… I didn’t need to be afraid…it was a snap ! If you need a good dentist, he’s you man ..
Mary and Stephanie we absolutely amazing!!! I came in with horrible pain and needing a tooth extracted and they fit me in immediately and worked with me on everything!! I cannot tell you how amazed I am with these guys!!! And Dr Grant is one of a kind!!! No pain and super quick!!! Love love love!!!!
Well I found this dentist thru my insurance. They were great. The dentist did a great job on my teeth and dentures. I have received a lot of compliments on my teeth. I would recommend them in a minute. I even send my sister there and she was happy with the work they did on her teeth.
Very patient and explains everything … About to get my first root canal and I am very calm knowing that Dr. Grant will do an awesome job.. staff is very welcoming and make sure you are taken care of.
I have seen Dr Grant several times. I had a wisdom tooth pulled. It wasn’t an easy process, tooth just had broken the gums and had been this way for years. Dr Grant did a wonderful job, I had no pain during the procedure or afterwards, only soreness. I’m now having a root canal done and have also been well taken of….no pain. He informs you of what he will be doing. He and all his staff are very friendly. It is so comforting to walk in the door and be greeted by smiling faces from the ladies at the front desk. I feel important as a patient, well taken care of and recommend Dr Grant to anyone who is in need of a great dentist.
I have been coming to West Orem for over 20 years. The service is remarkable and the staff is wonderful. Dr Grant is the best and he is very sensitive to your needs. The staff goes over and beyond to help you and make you feel like you are the only patient in the world. Thank you West Orem Dental for caring enough to give me the best of your service.
Procedures at West Orem Dental
As previously mentioned, we offer a wide range of dental procedures at West Orem Dental. The following is a brief overview of all our treatments and procedures.
General dentistry procedures are those that deal with preventive and diagnostic measures to prevent dental issues altogether.
- Preventative Dentistry: These are a range of treatments and procedures that are meant to prevent gum disease and dental issues from occurring. The dentist thoroughly examines your teeth and treats it with a fluoride solution to get rid of all bacteria.
- Teeth Cleaning: The dental hygienist removes all of the accumulated plaque and tartar using a specific device and then observes your teeth to make sure there aren’t any signs of gum disease. Dental deep cleaning is recommended once every 3 to 6 months.
- Oral Cancer Screening: The dentist uses physical tests, visual tests, and imaging tests to identify any signs and symptoms of oral disease such as red sores, white spots, or cancerous lesions. This is important because oral cancer is easiest to treat at an early stage and then gets progressively more difficult.
- TMJ/TMD: The joints in the sides of the face that control the jaw movements can sometimes get injured or misaligned. When this happens, you experience jaw stiffness and you may hear a popping sound in your jaws. This is known as TMD, i.e., temporomandibular joint disorder. The dentist can identify its root cause and offer treatment solutions.
- Scaling & Root Planing: Scaling is a procedure in which the dentist uses a scalar to scrape off the accumulated plaque and tartar from your teeth. Root planing is a procedure in which the dentist smoothens the tooth’s root surface to reattach it to the gums and treat periodontitis.
- Pediatric Dentistry: We offer specialized pediatric care for children as we have a certified pediatric dentist who is especially qualified to deal with issues like dental caries and complications arising during the transition period between baby teeth and permanent teeth.
- Bruxism/ Teeth Grinding: Bruxism is a dental condition in which you unconsciously keep grinding and clenching your teeth during the day, at night, or all the time. It can severely damage your teeth and your jaws. We offer various treatments and mouth-guards to control bruxism.
Restorative dentistry refers to procedures and treatments that are meant to restore the normal functioning of your teeth.
- Composite Fillings: These are tooth-colored fillings made of composite resin that the dentist applies to your cavities to seal them and prevent dental decay from spreading.
- Root Canals: If the bacterial infection spreads to your tooth’s pulp chamber, then the dentist must drill into the tooth and remove all of the infected nerves and pulp to prevent the spread of infection. This procedure is known as root canal treatment.
- Dental Implants: If you lose your teeth, dental implants are the best replacement for them. During the procedure, the dentist plants a metal framework or post deep into the jawbone so that it becomes a part of your body. A dental crown or bridge is then attached over the dental implant.
- Dentures & Partials: Dentures are removable fake teeth that you can wear in your mouth when you lose some or all of your teeth. Complete dentures are used if you’ve lost all your teeth. Partial dentures are for those who have only lost some of their teeth.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease is an issue in which the accumulated plaque and tartar in your mouth attract bacterial infection. This leads to gum disease, which can cause inflammation, sensitive gums, bleeding, and even tooth and bone loss.
- Crown & Bridges: Dental crowns are covers for your actual teeth. They are placed over your existing teeth to hide them completely. Dental bridges are fake teeth connected to the dental crowns and used to replace your missing teeth.
- Bone Grafting: Bone grafting is a procedure done to facilitate bone regrowth in parts of your teeth that have suffered bone loss due to missing teeth. Bone graft is taken from external sources and then planted in the affected region to facilitate bone regeneration, which allows you to get dental implants later.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to treatments that aren’t medically necessary, but they can boost your self-confidence by improving the general appearance of your teeth and smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are films of porcelain that are cemented over the surface of your existing teeth. It essentially covers up your original teeth, which helps you get the appearance of a perfect set of teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: This is a professional procedure in which the dentist uses a whitening gel and a special laser light to bleach your teeth and remove all surface stains from your enamel.
- Gingivectomy: Do you have a “gummy smile”? If so, this is a procedure in which the dentist can remove the excess gum tissues so you have a well-proportioned smile.
The following are some other treatments available at West Orem Dental.
- Osseous Surgery: This is a procedure in which the dentist removes some of the infected bone around the affected regions of your teeth when you have periodontitis. This helps remove the infection from your bone. This is only necessary if the periodontitis has spread into your bones.
- Occlusal (Bite) Adjustment: This refers to a series of various procedures like surgeries, orthodontics, splints, etc, that can help with the proper alignment of your mouth and jaws. You may need to wear braces to move your teeth in the correct direction.
- Ridge Preservation: The moment you lose your teeth, you also start losing some of the bone structure from that area. This can lead to several complications down the line and you can’t get dental implants later. Ridge preservation is a procedure in which the dentist plants a bone graft in the affected region to preserve the bone structure.
Schedule an Appointment at West Orem Dental
Now that you understand what West Orem Dental is all about, it’s time to schedule your first appointment! Whether you need any specific dental treatment, a regular dental cleaning checkup, or just a consultation — go ahead and schedule an appointment today!